In fact, my husband couldn’t believe I was going to share these with you, but hey, the story was too good for me to pass up. And the visuals just help it along.
Back in December, I was slaving away over Christmas gifts for the girls, sewing round the clock. For the first time in my life, like a complete idiot, I sewed my finger. The needle broke off, actually.
Chris wasn’t home yet (of course – don’t these things always happen when you’re home alone?). I wasn’t sure what would happen as I was still in shock, so I immediately wrote down my parents’ phone number and told Annie to call them if I fainted. Quick thinking, huh?
Then I went upstairs to prepare to deal with the situation. I got the peroxide, the rubbing alcohol, the tweezers…huddled over the kitchen sink, and then a glance to my right told me that my camera was nearby. I mean, it’s not everyday that a girl has a needle broken off in her finger, right? I mean, it went clear through and everything! I had you all in mind even in my time of crisis. I whipped out the camera, struggling to remove the lens cap without getting blood on anything, and managed to take a couple of quick pics for the blog. Which is right about the time my dear husband walked in and nearly fainted. He’s not good with blood. Or crises.
Anywho… he thinks this is totally disgusting and inappropriate to share, but to me it’s just fodder for the blog, baby. Of course it’s gross – in a really cool kinda way.
Needle protruding pictures to follow – you’ve been warned.
PS) I don’t know why I said ‘anywho’ up there – please forgive me. It even annoys me when people say that…somehow it just slipped out.