I always hated that commercial. It made me talk to my tv.
Lady, we don’t hate you because you’re beautiful. We hate you because you’re a snot. Get over yourself.
But hate is a strong word. More like ‘want to throw a pillow at you’.
I mentioned before that a second blog award was coming, and here it is. The big reveal.
Because I know you’ve been waiting anxiously.
I actually got this from 2 different people, so I must be really beautiful.
Don’t hate me.
For this one I’m also supposed to list 7 things I’d like you to know about me. I’m not sure that I really feel that you need to know anything about me – I’m sure you’ve survived just fine without knowing all about me. But in case you’re interested, here are a few tidbits.
- I’m a Christian. I would hope that this is evident in my life without me telling you, but because I am Hopelessly Flawed, I’m sure it isn’t always obvious. For that I am sorry – I’m trying to do better.
- I adore Alton Brown. I love his knowledge of food, his scientific approach, his quirky camera angles, and his whole ‘I know I’m a bit nerdy and I’m cool with that’ attitude. I’m pretty sure he & I would have been great friends in high school.
- I’m a sort-of runner. I was serious years ago and pretty much gave it up when I had kids, but a couple of years ago I took it up again and I’m glad. I like the time alone on the treadmill to process my thoughts.
- You know those crazy old women with 100 cats? I could easily be one of them, only with dogs. I hate cats, but I’m a sucker for a puppy every single time.
- I secretly fantasize about making a radical life change, like moving abroad. I’m too emotionally attached to my parents to ever do it – they live a mile away and I’d be miserable without them nearby. But I watch House Hunters International and daydream.
- I’m a night owl and an insomniac – a bad combination. I usually get a very unhealthy 3-4 hours of sleep a night.
- I am a terrible singer, which is quite sad considering how much I really love to sing. I used to be semi-decent until I had my tonsils out at the age of 20. However, I think I’ve found a way to make my love of singing – despite my terrible voice – work for me. The Singing Bee. I’m destined to be a champ, if only I can get up the nerve.
If there were to be a #8, it would be that after making my 100 list, there is nothing left to reveal about me. I’m fresh out of tidbits, people.
Moving on, I’m supposed to share this award with 3 other beautiful bloggers, so here are the lovely ladies I’ve selected.
Such the Spot – If you’ve read her blog, you know why Darcie is beautiful. And if you haven’t, you need to – now. Darcie is one of the most beautiful, inspirational friends I have ever been blessed with, and I am very grateful for her presence in my life. If only she didn’t live so far away…
She Just Had To Say It – Soliloquy is one of the most fabulous bloggers I’ve ever encountered. She’s wicked funny and brutally honest, and she shares her faith in a way that is both passionate and inspirational. She is one of the most approachable, un-intimidating Christian writers you will ever find. I admire her in many ways and would love to be more like her.
Sellabit Mum – Tracy is a friend that I knew before her blog was born, and have enjoyed getting to know her better through her writing. She is a beautiful, beautiful writer, and she touches my heart and brings tears to my eyes on a regular basis.
Now that I look back, I’m seeing an inspirational theme here. I love to be inspired. Hopefully you do as well.